[CQ-Contest] RE: The Next BIG Step in contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: The Next BIG Step in contesting
From: "Dennis Ponsness" <wb0wao@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:22:50 -0500
I think it IS the next step in the "evolution" of contesting - but would a station that is running such software and NOT receiving spots be in the Assisted or Unassisted class? <sorry, just HAD to put that in!>

Seriously, I think it would be a good idea to try. That may cause the creation of a "new generation" of contesting software with integrated "real time stats" and other data automatically that would be of use during the 'test. How about automated updates of propagation information as well?

I wonder if there is anyway that you could utilize the existing cluster network for this? Maybe K1TTT could expand on this possibility. Otherwise, you would (I think) need to set up some type of "parallel" network that dealt only with the online stats. I would like to see this topic be explored and seriously considered. Of course, IF this was done, then I would think that the rules of the 'tests may have to change a bit (or a lot). But that, IMHO, would be a good thing overall.

I know that there are some who bemoan this type of "technology", but just remember, you don't HAVE to use it if you don't want to!

73

Dennis - WB0WAO

EN84ij Iosco County, Michigan

Visit my site!