[CQ-Contest] Contesting with an Apple Mac computer?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contesting with an Apple Mac computer?
From: "John WA2GO" <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:44:55 -0500
It's time for me to buy a new laptop computer. I need it for general every day use (Internet, Wordprocessing, Spreadsheets, etc.), but would ideally like to also be able to use it for contesting.

Are there any serious contesters out there successfully using an Apple Mac or Powerbook? If so, what are the options for software, and how is rig interfacing performed for radio control, voice keying and CW keying?

I have never even owned a Mac, but keep hearing such great things about them I thought I would give it some serious investigation.

John
WA2GO