Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Rules

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Rules
From: "Russell Hill" <rustyhill@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:23:32 -0600
Mal, due to various conflicts, I have not been able to play in SS for a long time. I do plan to before long. But, following this thread, I have a real problem. I don't know what year I was first licensed. Do you have any advice for me that will not cause me to be DQed if I guess wrong and someone is able to find out that my check "should" have been the other year? I suppose I could send 58/59, but that would only cause extra confusion, I would think.

Or are those of us who have changed callsigns over the years supposed to use the year we first received our current license? In my case that would mean I would be using 99 for my check rather than 58 or 59, and therefore in some circles would mean it would not be nearly as "prestigeous" a check. (That couldn't be an issue here, could it?)

Original call was kn5ucv. Maybe you have a more sophisticated way to check it out.

I did try qrz.com as well as a couple of other lookups, including the FCC, and could not come up with anything.

Thanks es 73,
Rusty, na5tr

-- Original Message ----- From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>