Re: [CQ-Contest] Anonymous/pseudonymous posts

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Anonymous/pseudonymous posts
From: Joe Contester <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:27:13 -0800 (PST)
Hi Pete,
There is no ominous intent here.  I'm Ev, W2EV.  I'm attempting to segregate my
email accounts by area of interest...nothing more.  If anyone were so inclined,
they could easily check the IP address of the emails in thier "trash" folder
and match up an anonymous post with others already received.  It's easy to do.

As long as folks engage in on-topic and non-attacking email threads, I don't
see the harm in not IDing with every "transmission". :)

On a personal note, I've received so many emails with my name misspelled
anyway, I'm not certain it really matters anyway.

Even so...there's no mystery here.  It's me. :)

Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:

These postings from Joe Contester raise this point; should it not be
standard practice that people posting to cq-contest sign either their
call-signs or their real names?