Re: [CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation

To: BDaniels01@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 07:07:42 -0800
On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:13:56 EST, BDaniels01@aol.com wrote:

>Before I get flamed too bad, remember I don't claim to be a hardcore
>contester.  This just happens to be my reason for not really getting into it.

You might give RTTY contesting a try.  It can get crowded, but nothing
like SSB.  It can be highly addictive, as many have found out.  The
software is free (N1MM Logger, MMTTY) and you can either buy a
RigBlaster for the cable interface or build your own in about an hour
or less.  There is a certain amount of head-scratching time in getting
things set up, but nothing you can't handle.

Think about it.  :-)

--
Bill W6WRT