[CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Stimulating Participation
From: dt <pattaya@direcpc.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:25:46 -0600
Bob, k8kwt

Marlene and I are in that group calling cq from WD5R.
Just want you to know, we understand the problem.
Even with a fair station set up here, we hesitate to put ourselves in a position of
having to 'relocate' during the contest.
We try to establish a calling frequency before the contest starts and we are just plain hard headed about hanging on to it.
Primarily because we do not enjoy looking for some spot that appears susceptible to bulling tactics.
We'd like to see the 'band plan' handled like 'main street' is handled on special occasions.
Close down all the businesses not required for the special occasion, and anyone that is not in the parade, is simply a spectator.
Make 160 a cw band for cw contests, make 160 a ssb band for ssb contests, and put everything back to normal after the contest.
This works for parades in the big cities, no reason it couldn't work for contesting.
Come to think of it, guess it wouldn't work because it would eliminate too many subjects for debate.

The Big stations make the 'boom, boom, boom,
The weak signals in the noise makes the music,

Doug, n5ect