[CQ-Contest] Misc. (I'm not touching you)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Misc. (I'm not touching you)
From: Roy D Lincoln <wa4dou@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:57:54 -0500
I've been a member of the QRP community for 40 years,
although not rabid nor full time. The practice of appending
( /qrp) to ones call has never enjoyed much approval in
the qrp community. Not only does it seem to "beg" for a
qso as if the operator is needy, it has always been a
questionable practice as it becomes part of ones call if the
slant bar (/) is transmitted. I do not subscribe to the practice.
I believe real qrp'ers can take their licks with the best with-
out complaining or begging. 73 de Roy WA4DOU

p.s. Real qrp'ers are determined, not handicapped! Thus
the qrp'ers creed  -  "Power is no substitute for skill"