Re: [CQ-Contest] /QRP in Stew Perry Contest?

To: "Mark Schreiber" <k6owl@arrl.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] /QRP in Stew Perry Contest?
From: "Milt Jensen" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:09:11 -0700
I run QRP in  only two contests, Field Day with solar power and the SPDC on
160.  I choose to do so for the challenge it presents to my operating skills
and my antenna systems.  The power level multipliers do an excellent job of
allowing direct comparison of final scores between the different power
levels.

I believe that there is NO reason to append the QRP designator at any time,
especially in contests.  ALL the reasons previously mentioned in this thread
are VERY valid.  RE the SPDC, you work them as you can hear them, and if
they send in a log you will get the credit for the LP or QRP contact.  I
don't need any incentive to try and work a weak signal other than it is a Q
in the log.  I try just as diligently no matter what.

CU all in two weeks.  Milt, N5IA

Mark Schreiber wrote:

The vigorous discussion about gumming up the works by signing /QRP raises
the question for me as to whether it's desirable or necessary to do so in
the Stew Perry contest where the QRO station gets an additional multiplier
for QSOs with the QRP.

I've never participated before and so do not know the protocol.  The rules
appear to require the exchange to contain just the grid square with no
reference to power.  (I may be mistaken -- it's happened before.)

Do participants just let the QRP bonus be calculated by the log checkers?
Any thoughts?