[CQ-Contest] MorseRunner!

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] MorseRunner!
From: "John WA2GO" <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:08:47 -0500
What a fantastic piece of software!

Guys (and gals) - let me be the first to say this: Although Alex has distributed MorseRunner as FREEWARE, is there anyone out there who doesn't feel that it's worth paying for? Heck - look at the new features he has put in just in the last few days! (Do you have a day job, Alex?)
Alex: Are you set up on PayPal or something? I would be more than happy to send you a voluntary donation - what is reasonable? $10? more? Even a nominal amount multiplied by a couple hundred very satisfied users would at least give you something to buy a few Christmas presents with.

I can't imagine the amount of work that must have gone into making this this so realistic (gawd, I hate those dang LIDs! The CQ'ers I can deal with, but the LIDs..... arrggh!! ;-) I'm sure it must have been a lot of fun to build, too, but it's sure worth some compensation, right? I'll bet we are coming up with all kinds of enhancement requests that weren't in the original "project plan"!

My only suggestion: Add a ranking on the high scores page so we can see what "place" we are in without having to count! (Some of us <ahem> have trouble counting that high.....)

Thanks for an amazing practice tool. In fact... heck, it's so much fun, I don't think I even need to bother buying that piece of land up on the hill, wrestling with the Zoning Board, digging those holes, assembling and installing all of that steel and aluminum, soldering all of those pesky PL-259's, etc. etc. Gosh, Alex, you just saved me over $700,000 and untold hours of toil and turmoil!

Thank you!

John
WA2GO