[CQ-Contest] RE: Awesome Morse Trainer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Awesome Morse Trainer
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 22:41:41 -0800
Rich, VE3IAY wrote:

> Was this for real, or were you two guys pulling our legs? Version 1.4
> **does** have RIT with the up/down arrows!

Oh my gosh...I just downloaded v1.4 and you're right. I almost wet my pants when I did the up/down arrows... RIT control from the keyboard just like I have in TRlog with my Kenwood rigs!

Alex/VE3NEA: "YOU DA MAN!" :-)

--- (More from VE3IAY) ---
If the feedback was delayed until then, I think it would be possible to
implement a quick edit capability something like the one in N1MM (ctrl-Q)
which would be enabled only between the time a QSO is logged and the time
the next QSO was declared started. In other words, you could edit a QSO
only before its status was displayed, and after that the QSO would be
frozen. Would that work?
----

Hmmm...I was thinking if the ability to edit before the next QSO that would be great. But, why screw up a good "run" if, by simply keeping a notepad handy, any post-corrections could be done after the fact. That doesn't strike me as any kind of cheating or manipulation, because you copied the initial correction and will make the log correction (not an assistant :-)

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA