Re: [CQ-Contest] Thoughts on a technique

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Thoughts on a technique
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:30:13 EST
In a message dated 12/14/04 11:37:35 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
afrugoli@verizon.net writes:
It has really helped me learn about propagation, weird openings, who's where
on what mode etc.  I'm a fairly new contester (only semiserious for about 8
years now) so maybe this is a good technique early on, but less effective as
you
become more experienced?

I taught middle school for thirty years.  When I first started I followed my
plans to the letter.  As I got better, I simply used them as a guide.  In the
end, I could teach even if I didn't have a lesson plan.

The same is true with contesting.  If you have been at the same location for
years and have done the contest seriously over that time research and planning
will help, but only only to a small degree. What we have here is an inverse
relationship between necessary planning and experience.

Bill K4XS