Re: [CQ-Contest] The battle of the callsigns

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The battle of the callsigns
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 21 Jan 2005 08:23:27 -0600
On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 01:01, CT1BOH - Josà Carlos Nunes wrote:
> ZD8Z would gain a bit had he chosen ZD8E instead of ZD8Z.

Except...  for the amount of time he'd spend giving fills...

An 'E' tends to get lost.

It's not a good letter on phone either, where it's easily confused with
"T" and "B" and "C".

I wonder how much he'd gain using ZD8N?  (HC8N certainly works!)  "N"
can be a problem on phone though.

All considered, I think ZD8Z is a pretty darned good call.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66

who used to be WB9NME, so I know of what I speak regarding "E" and "N"!