RE: [CQ-Contest] RTTY and CW Sprints

To: "'Tree'" <tree@kkn.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] RTTY and CW Sprints
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:34:39 -0500
Tree Writes:

> It has been two years since we had this conflict (thanks to
> Valentine's
> day falling on the Sprint last year).  Here is what I posted about the
> problem then - and I feel exactly the same way today.

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2002-02/msg00086.html

Unfortunately, since you posted the suggestion that FOC Marathon and
CQ/RJ WPX RTTY be scheduled for the same weekend, the Mexico International
RTTY Contest has claimed the first weekend of February.  It would seem the
solution is as it was before the phone/cw weekends for sprint were swapped
- FOC Marathon should be moved to the second weekend of February.

The other solution, of course, is to move what is essentially a North
American domestic contest out of the 'DX portion' of 40 meters and to
top portion of the band.  Until the rest of the world gets access to
7100-7200, 7090 - 7125 is a perfect place for domestic CW activity.

The conflict between Sprint and CQ/RJ WPX RTTY on 40 meters will only get
worse over the next couple of years as the lower sunspot numbers make 40
meters more important for international contests and participation in RTTY
contests grow faster than any other mode.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK