Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY and CW Sprints

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RTTY and CW Sprints
From: "Dennis Younker" <SunGodX@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:30:40 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
To: <mike.tessmer@hillmangroup.com>; <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:33 AM

Once again demonstrating our adaptability, during the Sporint last night people gradually moved down the 40M band till you could find sprinters all the way down to 7004.

73, Pete N4ZR

At 09:48 AM 2/12/2005, Mike Tessmer wrote:

>From time to time, we as contesters tout our game as great preparation >for
emergency communications and how we are some of the best equipped operators
to handle such communications because we are accustomed to exchanging
information under often less than ideal conditions.

And now it's a problem to work around some potential QRM for a couple hours?

Interesting.....

73, Mike K9NW

I heard the RTTY-ers as low as 7027 and the Sprinters as low as 7002. I thought we Sprinters were true gentlemen--staying clear of the RTTY-ers. There definitely was potential for some serious head butting last night. Goes to show that Sprinters have a great deal of respect for fellow contesters, even if they are using a different mode. Kudos guys!

--Dennis, NE6I