Re: [CQ-Contest] Does size matter?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "Bill Coleman" <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Does size matter?
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:59:09 -0800
Whenever I hear about some enormous array or other equipment setup, I
recall the article in QST some years ago where W1GKK was interviewed
about DXing. W1GKK was and is the only ham to work EVERY country since
WW2. No one will ever equal his accomplishment for the simple reason the
deleted countries he worked are no longer available.

He had only a modest station and worked only 20 meters. When asked the
secret of his success, he replied "Be there when they're there".

Excellent advice even today. Put away the big antennas, guys, and just
get on the air.

--
Bill, W6WRT