Re: [CQ-Contest] MFJ voice keyer switches

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MFJ voice keyer switches
From: "Olivier, f5mzn" <f5mzn@win-test.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:44:59 +0100
N2TK, Tony wrote:
> Used the MFJ Voice Keyer, model MFJ-434 during the last contest. It worked
> fine. I also used the plug-in MFJ-73 Remote Control. Unfortunately the
> Remote Control still uses the old style push button switches which requires
> more energy to push than the newer front panel switches.
>
> Has anyone found a direct replacement for those small red button switches
> that work easier?

Hi the list,

Why not connecting your MFJ-434 to the LPT port of the logging computer
through an optocoupler? That way, you will be able to start playing the
messages using the keyboard. A very simple interface is described on the
AE0Q web site: http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/contest/dvk_trlog.htm

It is designed to operate with TRlog but it would be compatible with any
other softwares (P&P or with minor mods) too.

Olivier / f5mzn
http://www.win-test.com
http://www.fy5ke.org