[CQ-Contest] W7RM SK

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] W7RM SK
From: "Charles Margelli" <cmandjm@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:17:44 -0800
I am very saddened to report that Contest Hall of Fame member Rush Drake, W7RM,
passed away peacefully this afternoon at 3 PM, with his son Bruce at his side.

I am sure many tributes will follow, but as one who knew Rush very well during
his glory years at Foul Weather Bluff, I must say that it was an honor to have
grown up in contesting at the helm of his station, and at his side on many a
tower. He put together a potent antenna farm at one of the premier locations in
North America, and re-shaped contesting in the USA for many years. Big Yagis up
high and four-vertical arrays on Puget Sound. . .what an effort! The
first-place finishes his station made in DX contests were among the last ever
recorded from the West Coast, and may turn out to be the last ever.

Thanks, Rush, for many a good time. . .lots of cheers and tears, and above all
plenty of Dozos on 15 meters!

73 W7RM de Chip Margelli, K7JA, ex K7VPF