Re: [CQ-Contest] W7RM SK

To: "Peter Grillo" <ah3c@frii.com>,"'Charles Margelli'" <cmandjm@earthlink.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W7RM SK
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <NN3W@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:00:04 -0500
I completely agree with Pete.

When I was living in California and was a active
member with the San Diego DX Club in the late 80s and
early 90s, the chit-chat before our club meetings that
were held around the time of the big contest season
would invariably turn to discussions of the west
coast "heavy weights".  Invariably, that discussion
would almost always lead to a discussion of Rush W7RM,
his incredible station, and the records that he posted
and set.

During the annual trips to Visalia, K6NA, W6YA, some
of the other club members and I would carpool up
together and we'd always talk about who'd be there and
who wouldn't be there.  We'd always talk about Rush,
the mastery of his operation, the twinkle in his eyes,
and the friendship that beamed from his presence.  It
was a terrific inspiration for a 17-year old contester
and DXer back then.

I'm certain that Visalia and the other big to-dos will
be very much different from this point forward...

73 OM

Rich NN3W (ex KI6ZH)