Re: [CQ-Contest] W7RM SK

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W7RM SK
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 04:47:37 +0000
This is sad news.  Was thinking of Rush the other day whilst
talking to 9M6RM - the suffix made me think of Radio Monkey,
which if I recall correctly Rush wasn't too fond of.

Spent many weekends at The Bluff with W7WA helping put
the station back together in the 80s.  One word that Rush added
to our vocabulary was "skookum" - used to describe an antenna
that really played.

Sometimes working with Rush on the towers could be, well,
trying.  Ditto for operating - like being kicked out of the chair
mid-run.  Not sure, but I may have been the last to join that
exclusive club.

Yet later the same Rush was concerned I would get glass arm as
I didn't use the memory keyer to send every CQ when I graduated
from doing low power CW SS at K7MX to high power at '7RM.

Then there was the year where our 20m ops for CQ WW SSB
logged the time something like once per page at most the entire
weekend - one of our best years in the post-'79 storm era & as a
result we couldn't send in an entry.  I've forgotten who those ops
were, but they know who they are...

 From recycling mucked up U-bolts to his engineering notebook that
was kept by the "throne", as I said this is sad news, since folks
aren't made like W3ESK/W7ESK/W7RM any more.  RIP, OM.

73, 9M6BrettGraham (then KB7G)