Re: [CQ-Contest] Nets and Nuts

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Nets and Nuts
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:22:42 -0600 (CST)
On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 K3BU@aol.com wrote:

> Oh, boy!
> While I have a consideration for nets that serve purpose, I have a problem
> with some of them.
>
> First, so called DX nets destroyed DXing (for me anyway) with "last heard you
> were 3 by 3" and "good contact". I quit collecting countries with this kind
> of "assistance", means nothing anymore (how did you get your 300 something
> DXC?
> On the "nets", or on your own?).

As a note, the really rare ones do not get on nets.  It's possible to work
DXCC on nets but not to get 300 countries.

If the guy who has been using nets to work his DX gets really serious
about it, he's going to realize he'll never work the once-every-10-years
big DXpeditions on a net.

73, Zack W9SZ