Re: [CQ-Contest] Real emergencies

To: <W0uo@cs.com>, "\"Bryan W5KFT\"" <w5kft@nts-online.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real emergencies
From: "SJ W3TX" <superberthaguy@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:50:03 -0500
I had a similar situation in a contest about 25 years ago.  A ham in SA had
emergency traffic to pass to the family of a missionary whom was in their
village and having some problems.  I was picked by the ham due to my strong
signal.

The SA ham gave me the family's phone number, I made a simple long distance
call, relayed the info in real time between the parties, and when done went
back to running stations.

It was such a rush helping these folks that my aderenaline was pumped for
the next 10 hours.  I bet it drove me to >100 q's than I would have made
without the "good feelings" of being a community helper.

Just another great aspect of our avocation, I mean hobby :-)

73, Scott W3TX