Re: [CQ-Contest] Real emergencies

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Real emergencies
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:28:01 EST
In a message dated 3/30/2005 3:25:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, k1ttt@arrl.net
writes:
>>It might be a good idea for someone at the arrl to do a bit
of cross pollination and see if more contesters could be recruited to
provide support for emergency services.<<

No good, this infringes on egonetmaniacs. :-)
The whole point of QRU "nets" is that everybody has to bow to the his
excellency king majesty net control, who keeps those who have nothing to say
neatly
organized.
Jus' listen to 14300 when you have nothing better to do in the shack. Mostly
between joke and pathetic.
As I said before, contesters can handle any kind of emergency or distress
traffic better than those net clowns. Been there, done it. If ham is in
distress
he will first look for loudest, smartest (contester) station on the band and
contact it with request. 14300 et al clowns are wallowing in self
gratification, remember "DX family hour"?
I am for any ham having fun any way they like it. But requesting to write
emails to CQ that WPX has destroyed their net on the major contest weekend is
waaaay too much.
It is also maybe time for us to find out those QRMers that are putting
carriers and recordings on contester's frequencies. Anyone for search and
destroy
jerks net?

73  Yuri, bada BUm