Re: [CQ-Contest] Barking up the wrong ARRL DX tree

To: "Scott R." <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Barking up the wrong ARRL DX tree
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:06:05 -0700
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:00:48PM -0700, Scott R. wrote:
> K4XS:
> >I disagree.  The majority of the US does have a shot at winning the
> >contest.
>
> We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  The majority of the USA
> and Canada does NOT have a shot at winning ARRL DX, either mode.

These maps, unfortunately, do not include Canada (the mapping engine I
use for free is from the U.S. Census Bureau, and does not include Canada.)
I also have not done a map for 2004, yet.

http://www.wm5r.org/maps/2003arrldxph/
http://www.wm5r.org/maps/2002arrldxph/

Are there some U.S. stations from outside the Boston-Washington D.C. east
coast corridor that make it into the "Top Ten" in their entry class and
power category?  Yes.  Is there an obvious advantage to being located in
the Boston-Washington corridor?  Yes.  Roughly 3/4 of all "Top Ten U.S.A."
stations are in the BWMA (Boston-Washington Metro Area.)

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com