Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC web site

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC web site
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 15:21:36 -0700
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 04:13:02PM -0500, Jim George N3BB wrote:
> I get a full multi-media presentation, with sound.  Pretty cool!
>
> Jim
>
> At 09:35 AM 4/4/2005 -0700, Kenneth E. Harker wrote:
> >      When I visit the WRTC 2006 web site, all I see is a blank white
> >browser window:
> >
> >      http://www.wrtc2006.com/
> >
> >      Is it just me?

No - this web site has problems - it mostly flash media but I don't
think that is why it fails to render in some browsers.  I think there
are problems with the HTML coding that need to be cleaned up.

Looking at the code in some of the validators on the web I see
alot of errors being reported.

It works in some or most MS internet explorer installs I have
tried - although it locked up the browser on my mother's
computer this morning.  MS IE / Win 98.

I have heard from other folks and they report similar behavior.

The music is just... well ... why does it need music?
Be sure you have the audio turned down if you don't want
to wake your family or office mates.

I have found it does not render correctly in Firefox on either
Linux or Windows.  (blank page)

In the past I have gotten some of it to rencer in Firefox if you bypass the
main
page but I can not seem to figure out what I did before that made it work that
way in the past.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net