Re: [CQ-Contest] Barking up the wrong DX maple tree

To: "Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Barking up the wrong DX maple tree
From: "Rich Gelber" <k2wr@njdxa.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:17:50 -0400
Here's what I don't understand (and I consider both K1ZM and KQ2M friends):

VY2ZM (K1ZM) apparently won BOTH CW and SSB SOAB in this year's ARRL DX.
That's a singular accomplishment from anywhere, under any conditions.  Jeff
deserves our congratulations.

There is no Canadian frequency-mode allocation advantage on CW.   So how do
we know that Jeff's SSB win is due to running below 14.150?  Beats me!

This debate (like many on this reflector) is unseemly.  The sooner we stop,
the sooner W7RM, W2PV, K2GL, and W4KFC can stop turning over in their
graves.

Rich