Re: [CQ-Contest] Barking up the wrong DX maple tree

To: "Rich Gelber" <k2wr@njdxa.org>,"Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Barking up the wrong DX maple tree
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <NN3W@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:56:48 -0500
From: "Rich Gelber" <k2wr@njdxa.org>
To: "Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Barking up the wrong DX
maple tree

>Here's what I don't understand (and I consider both
K1ZM and KQ2M friends):

>VY2ZM (K1ZM) apparently won BOTH CW and SSB SOAB in
this year's ARRL DX.
>That's a singular accomplishment from anywhere, under
any conditions.  Jeff
>deserves our congratulations.
>
>There is no Canadian frequency-mode allocation
advantage on CW.   So how do
>we know that Jeff's SSB win is due to running below
14.150?

This is true, Jeff did apparently win both CW and
SSB.  But the margin of victory in CW was about
400,000 points - or about 9% higher than KQ2M's score.

Jeff's SSB score was 2.1 million points higher than
K4ZW's score - about 68% higher than K4ZW's score.
That is a significant differential.

Rich NN3W