[CQ-Contest] Ga QSO Party This Weekend: W4AN Activity

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, secc <secc@contesting.com>,sedxc@contesting.com, "Jim Jordan, K4QPL" <K4QPL@nc.rr.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Ga QSO Party This Weekend: W4AN Activity
From: John Laney <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:00:09 -0400
Hello all:

The Ga QSO Party will be this weekend, April 9 and 10.  We are planning
on a lot of Ga activity, including mobiles covering most of the 159
counties.  The rules of this contest allow operating on either mode (CW
or SSB), but encourage operating on both modes.  I hope many of you will
participate this weekend to the extent you can.  We have 159 counties,
many of which do not have fixed stations regularly active.

KU8E has been authorized to use the new South East Contest Club
callsign, W4AN, in this contest.  This is about a year and a week since
Bill Fisher's untimely death.  All QSLs for W4AN (both for Bill's
operations and for the club call) go via K4BAI.

You will find the rules at:  http://gqp.contesting.com/Rules.htm.  From
the home page for GQP, you will find links to forms, logging program
downloads, results from past years, and county planned routes for some
of the mobiles/rovers.

There is a very nice plaque program for in-state, out-of-state, and DX
stations at all three power levels, QRP, LP and HP.

73 and see you on the air this weekend!  73,  John, K4BAI.