Re: [CQ-Contest] Canada versus USA

To: "John Warren" <nt5c@texas.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Canada versus USA
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 19:12:11 -0500
There's no point in Canadians exploiting the phone allocation advantage on
40. All the S&P DX is by and large only listening above 7150 (for Americans
listening 7040-7100), so CQs in 7050-7100 are pretty fruitless. About the
only DX you'll work there is the odd station looking for a TX frequency.

Split CQs in 7050-7100 pay off big in WPX, not so well in WW (although we do
get more DX listening there in that contest).

The sentiment that contesting interest is poor in Canada is pure horse
puckey. As Tom noted, our rates are equal to those in the US, if not a tad
higher.

73, kelly
ve4xt