[RTTY] Memo: A.R.I. Int.al DX Contest 2005

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Memo: A.R.I. Int.al DX Contest 2005
From: I2UIY <i2uiy@cqww.com>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 18:47:12 +0000
A.R.I. International DX Contest 2005
Rules for DX entrants (outside of I & IS0)

The Associazione Radioamatori Italiani (A.R.I.) has the honour
of inviting radio amateurs all over the world to participate in
the 2005 A.R.I. International DX Contest.

AIM
Its a world-wide competition: everybody can work everybody.

DATE and TIME
The contest will be held on each first full week-end of May from
2000z Saturday till 1959z Sunday. In 2005 it will be on May 7/8.

CATEGORIES
1. Single Operator - CW
2. Single Operator - SSB
3. Single Operator - RTTY
4. Single Operator - Mixed
5. Multi Operator - Single TX - Mixed
6. SWL - Single Operator - Mixed

BANDS
10m thru 160m (RTTY: 10m thru 80m), except WARC bands, are
allowed according to IARU Band Plans. Band AND MODE can be
changed only after 10 minutes you have been on it (Multi Oprs only).

EXCHANGE
Italian stations will send RST and two letters to identify their province.
Other stations will send RST and a serial number from 001.
The serial number will NOT restart from 001 on each band/mode.

MULTIPLIERS
1. each Italian province (103) count 1 (one) multiplier,
2. each DXCC country (except I & IS0) count 1 (one) multiplier.
The same multiplier (country/province) can be counted once and
only once for band.
The 103 Italian provinces (by call-area) are:
I1: AL, AT, BI, CN, GE, IM, NO, SP, SV, TO, VB, VC.
IX1: AO.
I2: BG, BS, CO, CR, LC, LO, MI, MN, PV, SO, VA.
I3: BL, PD, RO, TV, VE, VR, VI.
IN3: BZ, TN.
IV3: GO, PN, TS, UD.
I4: BO, FE, FO (or FC), MO, PR, PC, RA, RE, RN.
I5: AR, FI, GR, LI, LU, MS, PI, PO, PT, SI.
I6: AN, AP, AQ, CH, MC, PS (or PU), PE, TE.
I7: BA, BR, FG, LE, MT, TA.
I8: AV, BN, CB, CE, CZ, CS, IS, KR, NA, PZ, RC, SA, VV.
I0: FR, LT, PG, RI, ROMA (or RM), TR, VT.
IT9: CL, CT, EN, ME, PA, RG, SR, TP, AG.
IS0: CA, NU, SS, OR.

QSO/POINTS
1. QSO/HRD with own country counts 0 (zero) point but is good for
the multipliers credit.
2. QSO/HRD with own continent counts 1 (one) point,
3. QSO/HRD with different continent counts 3 (three) points,
4. QSO/HRD with any Italian (I & IS0) station counts 10 (ten) points.
The same station can be contacted on the same band once on
SSB/CW/RTTY but only the first QSO is good for multipliers credit.
PLEASE REMEMBER that I (Italy) and IS0 (Sardinia Island) are NOT
country-multipliers.

FINAL SCORE
The sum of QSO/points from all bands times the sum of multipliers from
all bands.

SWL
Listeners are required to log the callsigns of both the station heard and
the correspondent station. Score is calculated based only upon the station
heard using the same rules as trasmitting stations. A callsign may not
appear more than 3 (three) times as a correspondent regardless of mode.
SWLs MUST log no more than 1 (one) QSO on each line of their log.

LOGS and SUMMARY SHEET
Paper logs: separate logs are necessary for each band. Logs must show
all the QSOs data. A summary sheet is required showing all the scoring
details, class of entry, name, callsign, full address of the applicant,
callsign
of other operators and a signed declaration. Logs must be mailed within
30 days from the end of the contest and addressed to: ARI DX Contest,
c/o ARI, Via Scarlatti 31, 20124 Milano, Italy.

Logs on diskette are really very welcome and accepted in substitution of
paperlogs. Please send us your log on diskette. Accepted formats are:
N6TR, K1EA, EI5DI, UA1AAF, WF1B, OH2GI, DL4RCK, Writelog, Cabrillo,
(see the Software page on our website for more details).
A printed summary sheet must always be enclosed.

Alternatively, logs in ASCII format (or as attached files) may be sent via
e-mail addressed to <aricontest@kkn.net>. You will receive an
acknowledgement of receipt of your log within 48 hours.

PENALTIES and DISQUALIFICATIONS
Logs will be carefully checked by the Contest Committee and mistakes
may cause a score reduction.
Disqualification may apply for: excessive number of unmarked duplicates
(more than 2%), violation of the "10 minutes rule" (either for band and
mode), excessive declared score, log without the summary sheet. Instead
to disqualify a log, the Committee may decide to penalize it by erasing a
percentage of its score.

AWARDS
A plaque with a certificate will be awarded to the top scoring station in each
class. Special plaques can be awarded by the Contest Committee if country/
continental/call-area partecipation will justify the decision. A
certificate will be
awarded to No. 2, 3, 4, 5 top scoring stations in each class as well as to the
top scoring stations in each country in each class.

FREE SOFTWARE
A brand new software to handle ARI DX Contest has been written by UA1AAF.
It can be used on real-time or either after the contest. It sends CW with the
usual interfaces and it can be used in both K1EA or N6TR modes. It is
shareware
and it can be sent downloaded from <http://www.qsl.net/contest_ari> or from
the Contest section on <www.ari.it>.

THANKS FOR YOUR ENTRY !