[CQ-Contest] 2006 Dayton Versus 2006 WPX CW

To: "CQ Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 2006 Dayton Versus 2006 WPX CW
From: "Eric Hall, K9GY" <k9gy@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 02:31:37 -0000
Well.. I'd have to agreed that the forums really belong back at Hara.

Saturday was a beautiful day outside this year: sunny and no RAIN!
For an active person (like me) it came down to (a) do I really want to
sit inside or (b) be outside enjoying the show. If the forums were at
Hara, I could of mixed and matched depending on the topic presented.
As I have done in the past.

As it was I ended up at the Crowne Plaza sometime around 3 or 4 pm
I promptly put three chairs together and had a nice nap!
After waking up, someone said the demo for the band recording didn't
work anyways, hah! Could I have missed the smell of old sweaty men?
(BTW the DX forum really really smelled bad!)

But for 2006, it's come down to do I want to spend all the money
going to Dayton (again) or do I want to use that money to go somewhere
for WPX CW. The answer is leaning towards using the money for a
WPX CW trip.

Now maybe that's the solution! Move "Dayton" to the Caribbean and
have it in January! HAH!

One thing to remember: It takes an enormous amount of effort
by a LOT of people to put on a "Dayton". So whomever tries to do
it needs to be committed to it.

And now back to contesting...ARRL VHF this weekend!

73, Eric
K9GY