[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2006 DAYTON Raffle Winners - K5OT (Trip) & W4TE(ACOM 1

To: wrtc2006@wrtc2006.com, cq-contest@contesting.com, yccc@yccc.org
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2006 DAYTON Raffle Winners - K5OT (Trip) & W4TE(ACOM 1010 Amp)
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:52:29 EDT
As you may recall, we had two WRTC 2006 raffle drawings conducted at the
Dayton 2005 Contest Dinner.  Our winners in these first raffles were:

ACOM 1010 Amp - W4TE Jim Kauten

Win A FREE TRIP to Brazil for WRTC 2006 - K5OT Larry Hammel

Here is some background information on our two winners.  Congratulations
again to Jim and Larry - well done guys!

W4TE - Jim Kauten

First Licensed -  Dec 1991
Calls Held - KD4HTO, KO4RQ, W4TE (since 1996)

Organizations -
ARRL - Life Member
INDEXA - Life Member
AMSAT - Life Member
SECC (Southeast Contest Club) -
Southeastern Dx Club - President 2001-2004, Treasurer 2001-2002
Buckhead Contest Club - Life Member & Charter Member

Ham Interests -
DX - principal interest
Contesting
Digital Modes

Station - TenTec Orion/Yaesu FT100mp (2), Elecraft K2
Antennas - MonstIR by SteppIR/Windom on 80/Inv L on 160m
Amp - Acom 2000A
Logging Software - DX4WIN
Contesting Software - Writelog

Modes - CW/SSB/RTTY & PSK

Degrees - BSEE, MD

Profession - Cardiac Surgeon (Does open heart surgery)

K5OT - Larry Hammel

First Licensed - 1965 as WN9QFT

Active in college in early 1970's at University of Missouri (School of Mines)
at W0EEE
Also in the 1990's as NA5Q and later as K5OT from home station near Ft Worth,
TX.
Participated in NUMEROUS multi-ops at WX0B and K5MR

During the past decade, Larry has enjoyed DX travel and CQWW contests from
XX9, EY,
TK, C5 and HC8.

Larry and his XYL are presently building a new home in Central Texas so, for
now, he is a frequent guest-op at nearby stations courtesy of W5KFT, K5NA,
N5TW and others.

Congrats again to our two winners!

Remember, raffle chances are currently available for the **NEXT WRTC 2006
raffles**.

A second FREE TRIP to BRAZIL for WRTC 2006 and a second ACOM 1010 suitcase
amplifier will again be raffled off at the Dayton 2006 Contest Dinner -
courtesy
of K1LZ and ACOM USA.

Chances are $10 each with payment available via PAYPAL to K1ZM@aol.com for
each raffle chance

or

via mailed check made out to "WRTC"  to W6OAT - Rusty Epps, 651 Handley
Trail, Redwood City, CA 94062.

In all cases, please tell us:

1) Your amateur callsign
2) Indicate which raffle you are entering - TRIP RAFFLE or ACOM RAFFLE.

Good luck to all and thanks for reading.

73 JEFF

K1ZM@aol.com
For the WRTC 2006 Fundraising Committee