Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M "Woodpecker"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40M "Woodpecker"
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 02:38:22 +0000
Anyone interested in seeing what is going on in VK, have a look at:

http://www.hf.ro/intruders/

Although what we hear here so far looks like it's coming from
somewhere that way, someone has had a word with the people
who operate JORN & I suppose if somebody wanted to verify it,
the supplier of the equipment (also easily found on the Internet)
could be asked - the stuff supposedly _cannot_ transmit outside
of radiolocation service allocations per ITU-RR table & footnotes
for VK, full stop.

There are a number of OTH radars, with at least three rumored
to exist in China.  One of the most likely locations for this would
be Hainan, but that's 450 km away from here & therefore should
be louder on my doublet - not weaker.  The one in BY2 for certain
would not be louder in 9M6 than VR & does not match a QTF from
JA3.

Get those beams spinning & let's have some spots, folks.  I
would really like to hear from folks in YB, 9V or HS - even if you don't
have a rotary or directional antenna.

73, VR2BrettGraham