Re: [CQ-Contest] OH plan on WRTC competition

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] OH plan on WRTC competition
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:59:21 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I think the concept is great.  Have a regional competition and have the best
represent the country in WRTC.  I wish the US clubs would do the same.
Especially at 100W (Just ain't the same, boys, with the amp tube filimants
dark).  But then they go and spoil it with the "how many times can you spot us
contest".  When we start giving a contest prize to the station who spots a
select group the most, we have seriously started down a very slippery slope and
begun the dismatling of contesting as we know it, in my opinion.

It may be true that the 100W OH*W staions have no chance of winning against a
1KW station in EU but I wouldn't make the same statement against the 100W
stations in EU and there is now a Low Power category in IARU.  I wonder why any
true contester of the OH*W level would want to have a potentially well
desrerved win "tainted" with such an advantage....

Ed  N1UR

See you on as N1UR Mixed Mode Low Power.  Nothing but thanks and 73 given for
contacts or spots.  All appreciated.