Re: [CQ-Contest] FCC Rules on Pecuniary Interest [was:Station-Specific I

To: CQ-Contest MailList <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FCC Rules on Pecuniary Interest [was:Station-Specific Incentives]
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:14:17 -0700 (PDT)
> >Lesson: don't use your on-air activity to solicit
> >personal monetary income.  Nothing more or less.

> That's been the rule since the '50s if not before.
> What is your point?

Hi Bill,
The point is that the rules are simple, unambiguous
(as you point out, too) and the word "pecuniary"
(found in the FCC rules) is clearly defined in the
dictionary.  There is no need to -- as some on this
list were doing -- theorize as to what constitutes a
rules violation.  Offering awards is not a violation.
Back to our regularly scheduled program. :)

Regards,
Ev, W2EV