Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] NAQP Off Times

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] NAQP Off Times
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:29:39 -0400
Chris Hurlbut wrote: "You live and learn, but I really do think the current
penalty of losing 30 minutes of op time is too harsh for a 60 second (or
less) screw up in
the heat of battle."

In all the years of operating NAQP, regardless of mode, I don't think I've
ever had the situation of "having a contact that exceeded the last minute of
my operating time"?  Actually, if I take "off time" in the middle of the
contest, I'm usually begging for contacts, during the last portion of my
operating time. Regardless, I don't have a problem, operating 9 hrs 59 mins,
rather than worry about operating 10+ hrs?

And while on the subject of NAQP, I invite any/all to decelerate your rate
expectations, and participate in this weekend's NAQP RTTY. RTTY contesting
is on the upswing, and NAQP RTTY, exclusively, has a plaque for DX stations,
both SO and M/2, that qualify.
The State/Province NAQP RTTY records may be seen at:
http://rttycontesting.com/records/naqp.html  which will give you an
understanding of the amount of contacts that can be expected, when compared
to NAQP CW/SSB.
Any/everything y'all need to know about RTTY, and/or RTTY contesting may be
seen at:
http://rttycontesting.com/

If you've never tried RTTY contesting, "jump on in, get your feet wet"!

Shelby Summerville, K4WW
Contest Manager
NAQP RTTY