Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Off Times

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Off Times
From: Steve London <n2ic@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:28:18 -0400
Chris Hurlbut wrote:
> With the new NCJ out, I think I'll share this with the list.
>
> Beware your off times!  If they are not EXACTLY 30 minutes (or more)
> long, you will lose the last xx minutes of your log.  Unlike the ARRL,
> NCJ just truncates the last part of the log, counting your messed up off
> time as on time.

Yes, it does look like the NAQP administrator applied a more onerous
interpretation than the SS administrator.

Just to clarify, it you have a QSO at 0030Z, and your next QSO is at 0100Z,
both
the NAQP and SS count this as 29 minutes without a QSO.  However....

- NAQP does NOT consider this 29 minutes as an off-time.  It's as if you kept
making QSO's between 0100Z and 0130Z.  Ouch !

- SS DOES consider this an off-time, albeit, a 29 minute off-time.  One minute
is taken off the end of your operating time if you exceed 24 hours of operating.

Conclusion - watch those off-times carefully, and don't think you can get away
with rubber-clocking - your logged QSO times will be verified against the
stations you worked.

73,
Steve, N2IC