Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.
From: <steve.root@culligan4water.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:14:01 -0400
>Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:27:07 -0400
>From: Sherman Banks <w4atl@earthlink.net> Add To Address
>Book
>Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.
>To: cq-contest@contesting.com

>True.  But I do not need to go back to the bank and reapply
>when I upgrade computers or if my computer crashes.  My user
>name and password is enough at any computer terminal.

That is precisely my issue.  After navigating my way through
the original application procedure and then later figuring
out how to renew, I suffered some computer problems.
Apparently the files I had saved (even though they were less
than a year old) were "expired" and the ONLY way to fix
things was to get new files from the ARRL.  I still don't
have a clear idea what each file does (.p12, .tq8, etc) but
apparently you have to have brand new fresh new ones after
you re-install the software.  That exceeds my hassle
threshold, and that was the day I quit using LOTW.

73 Steve K0SR