Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-857D for contesting???

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>,"George Harlem W1EBI" <w1ebi@lightband.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT-857D for contesting???
From: "Jacob W Tennant" <k8jwt@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:00:44 -0400
Well the 857D question has been put to rest as I had a local offer me a
sweet deal on his FT-840 FREE if I help him remove some old antenna tower
that is damaged beyond use as well as some other "yard work" since he is in
his 80's. The FT-840 is only 5 years old and I have worked field day with
him for the last 5 years using this radio and know it is a good rig.

Hope to get on for the upcoming contests if only as a casual operator for
now...

Jacob Tennant - K8JWT/AG. . .