Re: [CQ-Contest] An idea for contest support

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An idea for contest support
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:59:01 +0000
Good to hear from K1PX about his stint doing certificates for a CQ
contest...

Someone who earns a certificate would have sent in an entry & in
that entry there should be a postal address.  To have to determine
who earned a certificate from the results & then even have to get the
op's name from somewhere else is not so good, but perhaps helps us
participants better understand things on the other side.

OM2DX's subsequent post about "1st YI" reminds me of a two
decade collection I have amassed of "1st VS6" certificates - it's the
ones that say "#x World" or "#y Asia" that I like to receive & it's
unfortunate more events are unable to do things like that (as well
as mention if the score was a new record of some sort).

Nowadays, it should be possible to do that as well as make the
process of doing the certificates less painful - good for all concerned,
I would imagine.

73, VR2BrettGraham