Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP in August - stupid idea

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP in August - stupid idea
From: Craig Cook <craig.n7or@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:13:30 -0700
It's so hard to even think about spending 10 hours in front of a radio. It's
looking like it is going to be a beautiful (if somewhat hot) weekend here.
I'll be the guy mowing, car washing, sipping lemonade on the porch, flying a
model airplane, walking the dog, whatever. Yes, a contest in August does
suck.
They are starting to suck year-round for me, maybe I've finally completely
burned out.
Good luck. Don't let a little thing like a rule stop you from running full
power on any band.

 On 8/4/05, Tree <tree@kkn.net> wrote:

> Been busy getting the station QRV for the CW NAQP contest coming on
> Saturday.
>
> My 80 and 160 meter antennas needed some work that is normally done
> later in the fall, but they are now QRV.
>
> I met K5KA on both 80 and 160 at my sunset and signals were not very
> good. I had to turn on my amplifier for him to hear me on 80 meters
> and even with the amp, a QSO on 160 meters was pretty much impossible.
>
> I was wondering outloud to K6AW if it might not be a good idea to
> allow full power on 80 and 160 in this contest when held in August.
>
> His response was "would anyone notice"?
>
> Hope to hear lots of activity on Saturday. I'll be the weak guy in
> the noise.
>
> Tree

Craig - N7OR