Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP in August - stupid idea

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP in August - stupid idea
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:35:09 -0700
Bill, K4XS, wrote:

 > Yup, from Attu, the westernmost point in North America, (173 degrees E,
 > Siberia is NE of the island!), I made a grand total of 4 QSOs...all on 20
 > meters in the NAQP last week.

What on earth were you doing up there?  Did you go just for the NAQP?  Were
you running QRP to a fiberglass fishing rod or something???

Hmmm...I seem to recall N6TR/Tree made something like one QSO in a Sprint a
year or two ago from KL7 land.

I think I'll QRX on any more CONTEST-Pedition/DX-Pedition plans until the
Sunspot Cycle is on the upswing again.  Well, except, of course, for the
upcoming CQP :-)

73...

Rick, K6VVA

* CU in the Ultimate of QSO Parties - The CQP (California QSO Party)
* Oct 1st & 2nd (2005) - The 40th Anniversary Extravaganza Edition!!!
* http//www.cqp.org for details & mark your calendar NOW -)
* LOOK FOR ME FROM ONE OR MORE "RARE" CA COUNTIES!!!