Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB. Mathematics
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 05 Aug 2005 07:57:42 -0500
On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 19:19, Kenneth E. Harker wrote:
> In neither of your two examples will the other station lose points for
> your errors.  Any kind of single-character-mistake in callsigns will
> still mtach as a QSO, and it is only the station that logged the call wrong
> that will be penalized, NOT both stations.  And certainly in any contest
> with a static exchange, the log checking software is not going to ding
> a contestant because someone else broke the exchange.

I think you took my response too literally.  (understandable, I wrote it
a bit too literally<grin>)

In general, should an operator *ever* be dinged for errors the *other
guy* makes in copying his exchange?

It is certainly possible to develop situations where he should.  It's
also possible to develop situations where he shouldn't.  And nearly
impossible to tell the difference, unless you're actually monitoring the
QSO as it occurs.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66