[CQ-Contest] CW Filters for the Icom 706 Mark IIG

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Filters for the Icom 706 Mark IIG
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:50:16 EDT
I recently bought a used 706 to take with me on trips and have found it to be
a very nice compact rig, but with just the SSB standard filter in it, it is
pretty wide for CW. Unfortunately, INRAD does not make a CW filter for it.

ICOM makes several filters that would do the trick.  My gut feeling is to go
with the FL-100 which is a 500 Hz filter, although they do make a 350 Hz and a
250 Hz.  I generally have liked the way 400-500 Hz filters have sounded in my
other rigs, and have found the 250 Hz too "ringy" for my ears.

Any thoughts and experiences with the 706's various CW filters?

Bill K4XS