Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight [was:UBN/Log disclosure...]

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight [was:UBN/Log disclosure...]
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:17:19 -0700 (PDT)
> Let's do the first step (publish logs), we been
> trying to get this for few years. Walk before you
> run!!!

Of course!  What you are suggesting is "low hanging
fruit", easy to "pick".  It makes sense.

> Compete in the daylight? What would that do?

Change everything for the better.  Participants will
be held accountable for their operation in the court
of public observation.  That unto itself scares a lot
of people.  I view it as empowering and motivating.

> Not here, thank you! I want to prepare for contest
> (never enough time), enjoy operating (seriously,
> or just hand out contacts), submit the log and
> (sooner or later) find out how I did.

That is what realtime scoring does.  The advantage is
that you remove the phrase "sooner or later" from your
statement.  You know how you did at the end of the
event.  No waiting, no volunteers to berate for not
getting certificates printed and mailed, etc.

Is such a system fun?  Ask the six folks who tried it
on Wednesday night.  They're the calls that appear in
the screenshot from my log on the website:
http://w2ev.rochesterny.org/DXDashLogger

Regards,
Evhen, W2EV