[CQ-Contest] MP Key Click Mod - Need Help

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] MP Key Click Mod - Need Help
From: "Joe Staples" <w5asp@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:03:16 -0500
I need some advice ...

I am installing the INRAD key click mod in my FT-1000MP.  I removed the RF
board to attach the capacitor.  I have reinstallled the board and all
connectors.  However there is a (white) ribbon cable which attaches to a black
ribbon cable connector on the left side of the RF board (just below the other
two multi-wire connectors). It is labled "TO CNTRL".

When I intially removed this cable from the board the was tension on the cable
from the connector. However when I reinsert the ribbon cable into the connector
there is no force required (i.e. zero insertion force) BUT once inserted the
cable remains "loose' in the connector and will pop out at the slightest touch.
 I've tried a using a definite downward force on the ribbon cable thinking that
it might trigger a "clamping" action to retain the cable.  l've also carefully
examined the connector itself looking for some sort of "locking" feature with
no luck.

Obviously I'm missing some either very simple or quite unique.

Joe, W5ASP