Re: [CQ-Contest] An Innocent Question...- THE MAKROTHEN CONTEST isthe an

To: K3BU@aol.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An Innocent Question...- THE MAKROTHEN CONTEST isthe answer.
From: Andrei Nevis <v49a@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:48:23 -0700 (PDT)

K3BU@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 10/17/2005 12:51:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wb0wao@hotmail.com writes:

>>If one of the majors decided to offer a new award based on 4 character
Grids, they would need to either sponsor a new contest _or_ modify the
exchange in an existing contest to support that award. For example, you
could replace the universal 59(9) signal report with the 4 character grid in
just about any contest - when was the last time you received/logged anything
_other_ than 59(9)!

I would be willing to bet that _if_ the ARRL decided to implement a grid
based HF award and then sponsor a new 'test to support such an award, it
would become a fairly popular contest.<<...

Hello folks,
Let's put it in this way:
We have now THE MAKROTHEN CONTEST - the relatively new RTTY Contest, where you
have to exchange your GRID LOCATORS and then you get the points per each QSO.
In other words - bigger distance - more points per each QSO. There is No
multipliers or anything like that, Only Points for each QSO.
Other thing I would like discuss-is the breaks between every eight hours of the
operations, which is a good idea (at least my wife likes it - she can keep me
busy in that eight hours break to cut the grass or paint the fence:)

You have eight hours to operate and then - eight hours to relax.. Three periods
of operating and two breaks in between. This puts every participant in (almost)
equal conditions with regards of the daytime, propagation, etc, etc...
Though I disagree with the idea to combine Single/Multy together with
Multy/Single category, The Makrothen Contest should have a bright future.
The URL for THE MAKROTHEN CONTEST can be found at:
 TMC http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch/The_Makrothen_Contest/
The Director (DK3VN) of the Makrothen Contest did the great job, I believe for
all of us.
May be Waldemar is going to sponsor THE FIELD GRID's AWARD - This would be
great!
73's Andrei EW1AR-NC2N