[CQ-Contest] XML for Reporting Realtime Scores

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] XML for Reporting Realtime Scores
From: Bruce Horn <bhorn@hornucopia.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:07:01 -0800
The aggregate realtime scores web page I posted during CQWW SSB was
implemented by developing separate routines to extract the relevant scoring
info posted by each of the three contestants (N2IC, K1TTT, W9WI) who
provided periodically updated scores during the contest. Although this
worked on a small scale, a standardized means of providing realtime scoring
info is needed in order to expand the system for reporting more than a
handful of contestants.

As a proposed solution, I've drafted an XML Document Type Definition (DTD)
for periodically reporting contest results during a contest. Links to the
DTD and example XML files can be found at:
http://www.hornucopia.com/xml4contestresults.html

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn@hornucopia.com)