Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists@w1nr.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 06:15:31 -0500
40M is a mess and will probably stay that way until the whole world gets the
same allocation.  After all, running split uses twice as much spectrum as
simplex!  It was refreshing to work some of the EU stations simplex now that
they have permissions above 7100.

As for useless spots?  I had a 100+ hour Sunday on 15M just picking EU spots
off of the spot window.  If you haven't worked them, it's money in the band.
My software filters the ones I already have.  Many of them were very
difficult to work due to weak signals and QRM.  I say spot everything.  The
cluster nodes can handle it now with internet backbone connections.  Of
course, my RF users might disagree!

Mike, W1NR
Sysop of dx.w1nr.net