Re: [CQ-Contest] Zone(s) of UA9S, UA9T

To: "Stuart Santelmann KC1F" <kc1f@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Zone(s) of UA9S, UA9T
From: "Igor Sokolov" <ua9cdc@r66.ru>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:24:48 +0500
>  Monday, October 31, 2005 Stuart Santelmann KC1F wrote to Mario:
>
> SSK> I worked about 5-10 UA9 STW stations this weekend - now EVERY one of
them
> SSK> signs Zone 16 !!  Great !

I only worked 3 different 9 STW. Two of them gave zone 16 and one  - zone 17

> Are you sure you weren't hearing what you want to hear? :-)
>
> You  know,  suddenly we discovered some fun in being in zone 16, as we
> have 3 points for QSO with Europe, while all other stations in zone 16
> have only 1 point. This means most of zone 16 records will soon change
> their holders :)

May be CQWW sponsors in anticipation of that should relocate all of the UA9
STW to Europe? That seems quite logical geographically too. Besides that
will preserve current zone records distribution ;)  I am sure WAE will
follow.

73, Igor UA9CDC

> See  this: http://www.cqww.com/zone.htm, note zone 17 records. You can
> see  WW DX CC earlier agreed that we must compete with other "3-points
> for EU" entrants, but not with z16 europeans.
>

> --
>  73...Art RX9TX      31-Oct-05 13:05 UTC
>
>  http://rx9tx.qrz.ru
>
>  "Nothing is as terrible to see as ignorance in action."    [Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe]