Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB (40M)

To: John Warren <nt5c@texas.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW SSB (40M)
From: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@direcway.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 21:25:20 -0500
At 07:34 AM 11/1/2005, John Warren wrote:

>When all this happens, we need AT LEAST 7125-7150 permitted by FCC
>and supported by IARU/ARRL as the new 'Phone DX Window, for worldwide
>transceive contacts. (Just like 3790-3800 in each Jan QST "Guide for
>Considerate Operators"). No entrenched amateur interests there now -
>Let's strike first by contacting our ARRL Directors! Probably should
>start with 7125-7175 as a negotiating position.

John -

The ARRL filed a request with the FCC in March 2002 to move the bottom of the
US phone band on 40m to 7125.   The FCC released a Notice of Proposed
Rulemaking (ET 04-140) in April 2004 (more than two years later) that proposed
to do the same thing.   Here we are another 18 months later and there is still
Report & Order from the FCC.   Believe me, the ARRL has been encouraging the
FCC to move more quickly but so far it hasn't resulted in any action.     See
-> http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2004/04/15/102/?nc=1

It is reasonable to start to talk about a revised 40m band plan  - especially
in light of the changes in Europe and elsewhere.

          -- Tom

=====
e-mail: k1ki@arrl.org   ARRL New England Division Director  http://www.arrl.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444